Are you ready to follow me to Rome? On Saturday, November 18th I leave for Rome and during my trip I'll be posting via the internet LIVE! Come and experience my adventures in eating, sightseeing, walking, talking, seeing, sleeping and anything else I find interesting or odd.
My travel dates this year are November 18 to 26
I depart and begin posting from Newark Liberty on Saturday, November 18. This year I am flying Air France with a connection in Paris. On this trip I used my Delta frequent flyer miles so my trans-Atlantic flight is in Business Class. Living the good life! Flying in Business Class on Air France should be a great experience. At least I will get some good wine!
What's my plan? This is my second trip to Rome and I decided to return because I loved it when I was there 7 years ago. I also wanted to visit a European city where it wouldn't be freezing cold. I will be in Rome for the entire week and I am staying at the Adriano Hotel near the Piazza Navona. The location is great and the price was around $140 a night. That's a pretty good deal for a hotel in the Piazza Navona area because it is very central.
It's a thrill to be in Italy at the beginning of the holiday season. I can't wait to see how the Italians shop, decorate and celebrate! I am also planning a day trip or two. Last time I was in Rome I missed the Ostia Antica, which are ancient ruins outside Rome near the airport. They say they are about as great as Pompeii. If you know my blogs you will also know that I love to eat! That's one of the main reasons why I choose Rome. After I am finished eating I will do some shopping and see a few of the sights I missed last time I was in Rome.
I will return to Newark on Sunday, November 26 on a dreaded non-stop Alitalia flight. Due to Alitalia's bad reputation and financial difficulties I really prefer not to fly with them. Unfortunately that is all that Delta had to offer. Hell, the Business Class cabin doesn't even have a personal TV system. What a gyp! I can just hope for some good Chianti.
While I am in Rome remember a few things...
- There is always the chance that when I get to Europe i'll have trouble posting. In that case I will still write and post everything when I return.
- No pictures will be posted but I will add them when I return (I am so bad at getting this done!).
- Please leave a comment! Comments will be emailed to me so I can see if you have anything to say. Keep it clean, no profanity or disrespect.
- Posting will be organized in descending order and shown daily. This means the latest post is at the top. If you are reading from the beginning you need to read from the bottom up! To see previous days postings click on the ARCHIVES or the calendar in the left column.
- Remember I will be a few hours ahead of you!
- Bookmark this site for easy access!
Hopefully this will all work out and I will have time to publish my daily journal so please JOIN ME on my "Grande Viaggio a Roma"!