Come along and experience my adventures in eating, sightseeing, walking, talking, seeing, sleeping and anything else I find interesting or odd. My blogs are posted on 2 different sights, "i heart london" and "I heart paris".
[First Stop - London]
November 14 to 19 - To follow my "i heart london" blog, click here and bookmark
I depart Newark Liberty on Monday, November 14 on Lufthansa with a connection in Frankfurt. I will be in London until Saturday, November 19. On this trip I used frequent flyer miles so my trans-Atlantic flight is in First Class. Living the good life! On Lufthansa, First Class seats fold flat into a bed so I hope to get a bit of sleep in addition to some good food and service. I really enjoyed my First Class trip to Australia on United earlier this year!
What's my plan in London? I will be in London for 4 days and since
this is a business trip, I will spend almost all of my time shopping
and looking for inspiration. I also plan to venture out of the city to
Cambridge and hit a few tasty restaurants. This is my 8th trip to
London. On this trip I will be staying at the Kensington Close Hotel.
My first visit to the Kensington Close was in 1981. This is my 4th
visit to the Kensington Close and I am sure it will be equally as
comfortable. Click here for my Kensington Close experience from my trip in November 2004.
[Next Stop - Paris]
November 19 to 27 - To follow my "i heart paris" blog, click here and bookmark
flying to Paris in the morning on Saturday, November 19th. This is my
eight trip to Paris so I think I know my way around pretty well. I'm
excited because on this trip I decided to rent a small studio apartment
on the rue Rivoli in the Marais. I love the location! This is my first
time renting a Paris apartment. I rented a small studio with
kitchenette, washer/dryer and seating area for less than a single room
in an average hotel. I love the idea of being a "Parisian" for a week.
Since it's the holiday season, I love wandering the streets looking at the decorations, display windows and holiday treats. If I have the energy, I may also take a day trip to Chartres. But, anyone who knows me will understand that my first priority is eating, second is shopping and if the weather is cold or rainy I might even dare to enter the Louvre! I will depart Paris fro Newark on Sunday, November 27th.
While I am blogging remember a few things...
- My Blackberry doesn't have spell check and its hard to see and type with my thumbs so please excuse any errors! Formatting may also be a bit off.
- There is always the chance that when I get to Europe and turn the thing on it won't connect. In that case I will still write and post everything when I return.
- No pictures will be posted but I will add them when I return (I am so bad at getting this done!).
- Please leave a comment! Comments will be emailed to me so I can see if you have anything to say. Keep it clean, no profanity or disrespect.
- Posting will be organized in descending order and shown daily. This means the latest post is at the top. If you are reading from the beginning you need to read from the bottom up! To see previous days postings click on the ARCHIVES or the calendar in the left column.
- If you would like to view the archives and categories from my trip to London and Paris from November 2004, first click on the appropriate link on the right margin ("i heart paris" or "i heart london"), then once you are on the sight click on the word "ARCHIVES" in the left margin.
- Remember I will be a few hours ahead of you!
- Bookmark this site for easy access!
Hopefully this will all work out and I will have time to publish my daily journal so please JOIN ME on my "Voyage grand vers Paris et Londres"!